What's this thing called, love?
A range of things I thought may of general interest to persons of the scripting persuasion.
A reference for backward compatibility - "What was the first version of the Finder that supported Preference setting..?" - as well a few of the more popular apps and osaxen. There are about 50 dictionaries at last count. Click here to view the index.
Instructional articles about specific topics.
- Marking up AS - some of the principles involved in converting AppleScript code to valid html/xhtml
- Special Folders - comprehensive info about all the special folders whose paths can be obtained using the path to command
- Gestalt Selectors - some info about the many system attributes that can be obtained with the Finder (classic MacOS) or Standard Additions osax (OS X)
- Using Handlers - some info and examples for those new to the idea
- Using Libraries - a brief introduction
- Date Strings - some discussion of the date object, its properties and a few methods for deriving strings from it
- Scripting Palm Desktop 2.x-4.0 - a few things I learnt about the unfortunate scripting implementation of earlier versions this great app. Version 4.1 has a completely new and much improved dictionary
- Getting a Date - an article I wrote for the AppleScript This Week site, about getting short dates
A few things I wrote when I was first putting the site up, some of which have grown a little since, as well as a few other bits and pieces I found in the vault.
Some pages I wrote to go with my ReadMe files and respective dictionaries.
The FooDoo Lounge is Copyright © Richard Morton 2002-2005
|| url: http://www.foodoo.sunreal.com.au/info/index.html
|| created: 25-May-04, 11:04 PM; updated: 24-Aug-04, 1:29 AM
|| size: 10773 bytes